Monday 5 June 2017

Lewis Lake - Track Layout 1st Level

I managed to get some time to myself on Sunday night to get more track down (Left hand sidings on the plan above),  The first level off the Helix is only 200mm (8inchs) below the the level above, so before i fix the Base boards on the level above down i got the track down.



I made the mistake of working from one end with all the Straight track, which left me have to fix cut track down on the curve,  Next time i will put a length of flexi-track on each point and fill in the straight middle.


I was thinking of adding a siding to the line along the front of the window,  But i have decided this will be Tunnel/Canyon along this level



The White Box is the Shed WIFI, I have a Splitter/Booster Box for Ethernet cables which can be plugged in here,  The timber you can see is the Support for the level above.


View up the complete length of the two sidings, with the main running through the middle.  There is enough room to hold a Challenger and 25 Boxcars in each siding.  Thou i plan the longest train to only pull 20.


This View shows at the bottom, my workbench, where the soldiering Iron is sitting will be my ECOS Controller Command Stations home will be. The next level up will be the End of St. Leonard's Yard, passing the window to the Programming Tack and then on to the Helix.  The next level is where i have just laid the track.  I have made a Start on the Support Timber for the  Second Level.  I need work out the Depth required across the front of the window for the next level.


Leaving the first level Track and Sidings you are heading back onto the Helix to take you up to the next level.

I planning to lay the Track on the St Leonard's yard next, which will be a massive job for me.  One thing is for sure i am not looking forward to ballasting.  But lets get the track down first.

No comments:

Post a Comment