Tuesday 2 May 2017

New Track plan

New Track Plan

Its fair to say i change my mind alot, worse then a woman i have heard before.

So with that in mind, I have stopped all my On30 Layout Building took all my stuff and Sold it to Mac's Models, for a very good price.



As mentioned before i have a 4m x 3.5m Shed in the Back garden, which i have full power lighting and heating,  after what seemed like an all to easy chat with my wife, i was given full permission to built a Static layout in there so i can play trains.




Over the past year i have been planning my New HO American layout, by drawing it up in AutoCAD.

The main things i wanted was:-

Long Runs

Roudhouse and turntable.

Mountians

And a little switching

Which i am please to say i have managed to get all in and a little extra.

The layout will have a Helix in one corner and 4 running levels around the shed.

Level 1, will have a yard the full length of the back wall allowing for the biggest train i plan to run (Big Boy and 20 boxcars) to be stored.  I will also have my Roundhouse and turn table at this level , the round house sneaking under the Helix.

Level 2 will be a run around to add running length, this will sit about 5 inches above the main yard and will hug the wall.

Level 3 will also be a run around the will sit about 6 inches below the top finished level, this i plan to snake in and out, with the Track running along a river edge, disappearing in and out of tunnels.

Level 4 will be my top level and will hold all my industries,  So far i plan to have a Distillery, Steelworks and a Coal Mine, this will allow me to take the rolling stock from the yard at the bottom level and do a little switching.

I have also designed the track plan to allow for trains just to run, when i am not wanting to operate.



 So the Construction work begins :-)


No comments:

Post a Comment