Thursday 16 June 2016

Yes that Is Track you See........ (Track Laying)



Well i took the leap, i have been putting this off for ages scared i might make a mess of it.  But finally the first 2 lengths of Track are down.

I now have all the Landscape base in place, and before i could do much more i needed to have the track laid where it will disappear into the Tunnel.

I drilled two holes in the baseboard to drop the wires through, and soldiered the wires to the underside of the rails.

Once i have  the ground cover and ballast in place these will not be seen at all.

I laid the Track using PVA (white glue) on to the cork base.  Using Panel pins to help hold the track in position and weighted it down with anything i could find. (My drill, some spray cans and a bottle of Limeade..)



                                                                              At both ends of the track will be a point so that is the next stage for me,  I need to look out the wiring diagrams  for the point motors also. once i am happy with the track position i will add the extra sleeps in to close the gaps up.  

I hooked up my Roco DCC system as a tester to see if things ran ok, and put my Little Porter on with a few Wagons to see how it would hand the curves and the slope.  The Porter had no problems but i think my Forney might struggle,  The Layout has been Designed to run Porters only, but i was looking for an option with the other types.  I will give it a run later to see if it will work, It might mean i need to tweek the track a little, but i would be worth it.  If i can't get the radius of the curves to work, It just means i will have to built another layout to run it......

So this is the first Video on my Porter Running up and down the track ;-)  No holding me back now.


No comments:

Post a Comment