Saturday 25 June 2016

Track Laying and Point Wiring


I am off to Perth Model Railway Show tomorrow....

I can't believe it was a year ago at this show that i bought the first lengths of track and the points i am now just getting around to fitting.
Talk about slow progress...


 Well a lot has been happening over the past few weeks,  i have a lot of the papermashie base on, and i have now finally started to lay track and fit points.

I had some help working out the wiring as this is my least favorite part of the whole model railway experience.  But i now have a very easy to follow wiring diagram and a colour system to follow.


 Over the past few days i have managed to fit 2 points, The first on the bottom of the layout at the back.  With will be my take off/put on track.  and because i am using the ECOS system it will also be my Programming track.  This will be the only point on the layout that is under the layout, with the rest being placed directly under the point.  This part of the layout was not on the original track plan, and was added only when i came to lay the track in this area.


The Second point i have fitted Takes you from the main loop up to the big white hole, which will become my Turntable pit.  I have fitted a clear piece of plastic card between the point motor and point, this will allow me to ballast around the point with out fear of affecting the motor.

There is quite a few gaps between the rails where i have soldered the droppers to the underside of the rails.  once i have played with the trains for a while or to give its official name 'test run'  i will add these in where needed.

I have a small shopping list of urgently required items for tomorrow, a right hand point, ballast mix, and some coloured wire.  I am also hoping to pick up some people and bits of scenic's but i shall see how things work out.

Anyway i am very happy with the Progress so far,  it seems to be moving along well.

No comments:

Post a Comment