Tuesday 18 July 2017

First Lift out Section

 I feel this is a big step for me.  My layout is sitting in parts just now, The lower Yard, The Helix, the First Level run around, nothing connect.  Well here is my first connection.  I can now run from the lower yard onto the helix, and i can run around the back line into the complete siding (one piece of track to finish the other).  When i get onto the Helix i can go up three turns when i come off to the first level, where i need to build the next lift out,  I will need 4 in total

The point on the lift out was an after thought. I had an idea to have a small spur come off there that coal wagons can drop coal into Hoppers that will be below, for the Steam Loco's to be refilled before heading to the roundhouse.  The first of the three tracks is the Spur, the Second takes you up the Helix, and the last is a run around, that takes you to the two sidings at the back of the yard.

The Lift out is constructed of 11mm OSB and a 38x38 stiffener fixed below.  As i am using Ground Throws i am not to worried about wiring here, i will add a few connectors to allow power to transfer to the lift out.


Helix Side of the lift out,  I will add in the missing sleepers at a later time, and of course the ballast.








Workbench side of the liftout.  I am worried about the outside line begin to tight a radius for the Challenger,  I might be able to re-lay the track here if it is, but that will cause me alot of pain.  Tomorrow will tell if this is the case as my friend is bringing his over to test it.  If i cant get it around or fix the track, it means it wont be able to run into the back yard.  I was hoping to have it run everywhere and no restrictions on the layout, but i will live with this one.

No comments:

Post a Comment